- 50 lux output
- Suitable for 6 - 42V DC supply
- Switchless - controlled via the E-Bike console
- Supplied with a clip on reflector
- Supplied with a twin cable which is hard wired into the light ready to be attached to the battery
- Can be used with all Bosch & STEPS systems
For use with E-Bikes only ie NOT dynamo driven
The Eyc E E-Bike light from Busch + Müller incorporates all of the best features of the dynamo model but is designed to work with most E-Bike systems currently on the market. It can be connected to all DC power sources supplying between 6 and 42V DC. The 50 lux output with Close Range Light creates a far reaching, wide and evenly lit beam pattern ideal for faster moving E-Bikes. The Eyc is switchless. This means that it is always turned on or is switchable via the E-Bike console. It is supplied with a stainless steel bracket.
The Eyc E has an inbuilt converter that generates a 6V DC output designed to work with specially designed E-Bike rear lights from B+M. The Eyc E can be used with Bosch & STEPS systems. Please note that on some of these systems the rear lights will be connected via cables directly from the battery. In these cases the rear wires/spades on the Eyc must be isolated. It can also be used in conjunction with the Yamaha systems which produce 500 mA. However, it is not always possible to run a rear light as well due to the lower power output of the Yamaha system.
Light At Close Range:
For a secure ride it is important to be able to see the road directly in front of the bicycle. Bumps or potholes in the road can be seen better if this area is lit and can be circumnavigated by short and intuitive steering. During darkness this is only possible if the area between one and four metres in front of the bicycle is lit brightly and homogenously. Subjectively the need for light at close range is higher the slower one is riding, because one's balance can more easily be influenced by obstacles. "With light at close range" means that the light field emitted by the B+M headlights starts directly one metre in front of the bicycle.
IQ Technology: The Light Revolution:
Designed by B+M the core of IQ-TEC is the revolutionary idea to use a high output LED as an indirect light source. The complete reflective surface is used to focus and guide the light. If one looks into the reflector of an IQ headlight one only sees the metalised surface. Once the headlight is turned on what takes its place is "nothing but light" with superb efficiency and barely any wasted stray light.
Please note the following recommendations from Busch+Müller if you are planning to install your own E-Bike lighting system:
- Establish and/or measure the voltage on the cables or connecting point intended for the connection. Make sure this is within the parameters of the light specification
- Establish and/or measure the polarity of the above mentioned connection and make sure to connect respectively to the correct pole using the instructions and/or the + / - signs on the light
- If you are not able to establish either of the above, or are not sure then please refer to your local electric bike specialist to install the lights for you