Thru Axle Adapters With Click & Crooz® System
CROOZER HITCHES FOR BICYCLES WITH A THRU AXLE
If the rear wheel of your bicycle is attached with a thru axle, then it won’t be possible to use the Universal Hitch that came with your trailer. The diameter of the thru axle is too large to fit through the hole in the hitch. However, thanks to Croozer’s specially developed thru axle system, it is nevertheless possible to pull your Croozer trailer. Simply replace your existing thru axle with a Croozer thru axle with integrated hitch or adapter.
It’s important that you choose the right Croozer thru axle for your bicycle. In order to do so, you will need to know the axle length and thread pitch. If you do not know these measurements and they are not specified on the existing thru axle, then follow the steps listed below:
- Download the template for measuring your existing thru axle from this page. Print out the template in actual size (100%) on A4 paper so that you have the right scale!
- Unscrew the existing thru axle from your bike (following the applicable instructions in the user manual!).
- Hold the threads of the thru axle up to the template to determine the thread pitch. Make a note of the thread pitch.
- Now hold the thru axle from your bicycle up to the template to measure the length of the axle. Make a note of the axle length.
HITCH / ADAPTER
The next question is, which axle head do you need for your Croozer thru axle. There are three different versions:
- “N” axle head: If your Croozer trailer is equipped with the Click & Crooz® system (= grey push button on the hitch connector) and the rear-wheel dropouts on your bicycle frame are flat and not blocked by other parts or components. Solution: “N” axle head with 10mm base.
- “XL” axle head: If your Croozer trailer is equipped with the Click & Crooz® system (= grey push button on the hitch connector) and the rear-wheel dropouts on your bicycle frame are either not flat or blocked by other parts or components. Solution: “XL” axle head with 20mm base.
- “A” axle head: Your Croozer trailer is not equipped with the Click & Crooz® system? Then you need the “A” axle head with an adapter for mounting all standard axle hitches.
Now, all you have to do is choose the right product based on your notes. An overview of the available thru axle hitches can also be found on the sheet with all thru axle hitch solutions